Who's Renting Space in Your Head

I've learned that no matter how good my intent, there are just some resentments that are a lot more difficult to let go of, even after I've made my amends.

It's unsettling, to say the least, when you've done all you can, hoping the wicked tenants of your mind whom you've evicted have moved on, and they suddenly reappear uninvited.

Have you heard of the twenty-one day prayer patch? Well then, settle in, I'm here to tell you about it.

It's said a thing will become a habit if one repeats an action for twenty-one days in a row. The same theory is applied to praying for a person who's renting space in your head and refuses to leave. If you pray for them, you'll find peace.

Here's the difficult part: you must pray for them as if you were praying for your own desires.

Pray for their well being, good health, prosperity, joy...anything you would wish for yourself. And pray it with heart, from the heart of Jesus. In the old days I was told, if you don't feel it, act as if - go through the motions and in time the feelings will follow. But I live in a new skin today, covered by the blood of Jesus. I don't have to fake anything anymore because I trust His promises.

Trust me on this, if you are a Christian who truly loves and lives for Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit will give you both the heart and the words to pray. I just started a twenty-one day siege against a resentment this morning and the Holy Spirit was faithful to give me the words I couldn't come up with.

One day at a time, I'll send this demon packing, through the power of prayer in Jesus my Savior!

Jesus my Savior, my friend, thank You that You have shown us the way of forgiveness, that You have covered all sin by Your precious blood, that You sent the Holy Spirit to guide us always as You sit at the right hand of God in heaven. We rely on Your wisdom, strength, love and mercy now to do the right thing and let go of unhealthy resentments that block our recovery. Help us day by day, moment by moment to turn these things over, to lay them at the foot of the cross and walk away refreshed in Your care. In Your precious name we pray, amen.