Let Go and Let God

It's hard sometimes to listen to those little program cliches - especially when you're in the middle of something you really don't want to let go of!

While I'm mid 9th step on a number of amends, there's one issue that keeps coming back up again and again, like having my nose rubbed in a pile of manure.

These are the moments when I almost see my loving Father in heaven gazing down on me with tender eyes, asking, "are you going to let me handle this with you or will you carry it around by yourself until the weight of it presses you flat on the ground? What's it going to be child?"

I'm like a prize fighter who doesn't know when to stay down - I just keep getting up and taking another punch. If I had enough sense to surrender, perhaps I could avoid a lot of pain and scars.

When I'm caught up in a resentment, I behave irrationally.

Letting go doesn't mean not taking action. It means changing my focus, changing my mindset, tuning into God's word rather than the negative garbage on the merry-go-round in my feeble mind. Sometimes it's necessary to just shut up and put up. Do the next thing. Take the next step. Even if I'm plodding along at a snails pace, going forward is better than standing still, ruminating in my anger.

~ Prov 3:13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,the man who gains understanding.

Today, I choose to let go and let God help me deal with whatever I must face. I will seek the wisdom of God to guide my way.