6 - STEPS FIVE THROUGH SEVEN

Finding Hope to Move On

It is my fervant hope and prayer that you're continuing to work on the steps. This is a difficult and pivotal moment in recovery that requires brutal honesty -with yourself and another.

At out last meeting, we talked about writing that searching and fearless moral inventory. Maybe looking at your past in such a way was a real downer for you. It didn't exactly make me feel like celebrating. There were lots of people I was sore at, but even worse, I'd given plenty of folks good reason to resent me. Facing the next step and sharing all this garbage with another human being was indeed a daunting concern.

In completing Step 5, you will find, if done correctly, a deep desire to set things right, to repent. This will take more courage than any of us has on our own. We need hope that it won't all be for naught. We need hope just to get up an face tomorrow, amen?

In Steps 6 and 7, we're entirely ready to have our shortcomings removed and humbly ask God to do so. For we know by our own power we haven't a chance. I would like to add at this point, that we must also trust and believe that God will divinely intervene in order that we might overcome these defects of character.

Our hope is in the One who created and saved us. Today, I want to share with you the hope that keeps me going no matter what.

Whatever you're going through today, you can stay clean, sober, abstinent - free of whatever addiction has a hold on you - through the hope we have in Jesus. He is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6.) Looking at His willingness to do whatever necessary for our salvation, we find hope to continue on this path for God's glory.

Visit my daily faith blog for further encouragement. FaithWalkDaily October 2, 2008 ~ Psalm 9:18 But the needy will not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the afflicted ever perish.

We can do this, one day at a time, by the grace of God, for He is the God of hope and mercy!

Hope to Cope

My hope's in You, who died for me
Though tied to sin, I now walk free.
It seems at times I cannot cope,
But You, Lord Jesus, give me hope.

Today I turn my heart toward You,
To change my focus; make me new!
I can cope, through You whose strength,
Is all I need to go the length.